5 Tips On Planning A Move Is your family slowly starting to grow, or perhaps you are aiming for a better job in another state? Do you have a business and you have decided to expand it, or perhaps just to relocate its office to a more affordable location? Regardless of the reasons why you have decided to relocate, it is crucial to pay attention to some moving and relocating tips that will help you make this whole transition easier to bear, as transporting all the furniture and the electronics can be a daunting task. Here you will find several pieces of advice that will help you orchestrate the entire moving process, without leaving anything behind:
1. Get Rid Of The Clutter This is the first and the most important thing you can do before you move to another home. Regardless of how tidy we are, everybody has several items that they keep in the closet, basement or garage, even though they are useless, old or broken, simply because they are emotionally attached to them. This is why it is important to purge all the useless items that you have collected throughout the years – throw away those that are no longer useful and carefully pack those that are still useful and functional, to give them away to charity. There are countless people in New Zealand who could always use a helping hand!
2. Make Sure You Have All The Necessary Moving Supplies Now that you have de-cluttered your home, the second step is getting all the necessary supplies – boxes, in particular. Boxes are essential for packing and transporting your goods, and nowadays most of the moving and relocating companies sell boxes as well. You will need tens of strong boxes along with some strong plastic packaging tape to securely close them.
3. Color-Code Your Boxes One of the most annoying things when it comes to moving is that the boxes and the items inside them tend to get mixed, and it can take you a few days until you figure out how to arrange everything in your new home. This is where color coordinating boxes come in handy and save you some time and trouble – assign a color for each room and then simply pack the items according to the color. This will help the professional movers place the boxes in the rooms where they belong.
4. Consider Professional Movers Moving all by yourself can be very difficult, even with the help of your friends, especially if you are planning an interstate move. Fortunately, this is where professional furniture movers Auckland step in and give you a helping hand – these are skilled and experienced moving specialists that will help you save a lot of time, money and trouble, as they will handle your furniture and personal belongings with utmost care and attention. Just make sure to get free quotes from several different moving companies and to choose the most-affordable, reputable and accredited one!
5. Ask A Friend! A friend in need is a friend indeed! Even when hiring a professional moving company, you will still need the help of a friend to carry out the items and to help you unpack them. Ask them for a helping hand and then make a detailed “plan of action” for each one – assign each friend a certain task.